Celebrant: Gathered together in Christ as brothers and sisters, let us call to mind God’s many blessings and ask him to hear the prayers which he himself inspires us to ask.
- Let us pray for the Church: that we may give true witness to Christ, the Light of the Nations, and that we may be always obedient to the promptings of the Spirit. Lord, hear us.
- We pray, on this Peace Sunday, for peace throughout the world: that Christ’s message of reconciliation may take root and flourish in our lives and communities. Lord, hear us.
- We ask God’s blessing today on the work of the international Catholic peace movement Pax Christi, and on all those people and organisations who work for peace and justice in violent situations; may the Spirit help, guide and protect them. Lord, hear us.
- We pray for all who are suffering from natural disasters: people in Brazil, Australia, Sri Lanka, the Philippines: may those who have died rest in peace, and may God will give strength to those who have survived, renew their hope, and touch the hearts of many to assist them. Lord, hear us.
- As we begin the Week of Prayer for Christian Unity on Tuesday, we pray for the unity of all Christian people: that the Spirit of God will lead all believers to a deeper relationship with Christ and heal the divisions between Christian communities. Lord, hear us.
- We pray for all the married people in our parish, especially those who are having problems in their relationships; that God’s love help them love one another unselfishly, and with great forgiveness and understanding. Lord, hear us.
- We pray for ourselves: may we always rejoice in our faith in Christ, and may our baptismal faith and our joy in the Gospel be renewed and deepened by our celebration today. Lord, hear us.
Let us pray for all the sick of our parish community, housebound and those who are in hospital, remembering especially [names]; may the Lord ease their pain, comfort their anxiety and bring them to greater understanding of his love for them. Lord, hear us.
- We pray for those who have died in Christ [names…] ; that they may share in the banquet of eternal life. Lord, hear us.
Let us unite our prayers with the intercessions of Our Lady as we say: Hail Mary …
Let us pray for a few moments in the silence of our hearts.
Celebrant: God of love, our refuge and strength, hear the prayers of your Church, and grant us today what we ask of you in faith. Through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.